Thursday, April 28, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Sea going liveaboard

 

Hey Brian,

Parts of my electric drive are arriving and  I hope to get down to real business soon.  I'll keep you posted.

Robert




On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:40 PM, BRIAN JONES <benachiesween@btinternet.com> wrote:
 

Hi Robert,
I would appreciate any information on your project and its progress.
I omitted to mention my plan is for a motor cruiser rather than a sailboat but I'm sure its a matter of tailoring the package to the boat.
I plan to do my cruising during the summer months and hope to provide the power from PVs, a suitable bank of batteries and a backup generator.
Regards,
Brian 


--- On Mon, 11/4/11, Robert E. <relmason@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Robert E. <relmason@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Sea going liveaboard
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 11 April, 2011, 22:09

 
I have a 6.5 kW Propulsion Marine drive on order going in my 35' Columbia which displaces 13,900 lbs.  My wife and I will be moving aboard full time after the conversion.  I can keep you posted with results.

Robert



On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM, BRIAN <benachiesween@btinternet.com> wrote:
 
I'm looking to buy a 35-40ft displacement boat as a liveaboard for cruising west coast Scotland. I've looked at a number of boats and a few of them require new engines which got me thinking of alternative power for propulsion. Anyone on this site have an electric vessel of this size/weight?
Brian




--
Robert E.

~~(\_~~~~~(\_~~~
~~~~(\_~~~~(\_~~




--
Bob



~~(\_~~~~~(\_~~~
~~~~(\_~~~~(\_~~

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment