Tuesday, April 26, 2011

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: FW: how to determine maximum speed/ torque

 

Thank you Victor,
 
I will try the advice from Dennis Wolfe!
 
Roland


To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
From: sailor@winterthun.net
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:50:50 +0000
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: FW: how to determine maximum speed/ torque

 
Hi Roland.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Roland Kruijer <martine_roland@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hello Victor,
>
> Thanks for your reply. If I do that, will the propellor then turn fast enough, or will the speed of the boat then be slower?
> You say Heavy work, do you mean that the motor doesn't have the strenght to get to the 1486rpm or even just 1100 rpm?

Yes I suspect so, I think Dennis Wolfe gave you a good advise which you should follow.

Victor.

> That is a bit what I am trying to find out. There must be a specific combination of pulleys which has the best power/torque for this motor. I want to prvent buying all kinds of pulley sizes to figure out whats the best combination.
>
> I was also thinking to put the same size pulleys on the motor and the propellor, so 1 : 1. So that the motor can reach 1100 rpm with less trouble and maybe really reach 1100 rpm.
>
> I hope you understand what I'm trying to say...
>
> Roland Kruijer
>
>
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> From: sailor@...
> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:34:06 +0000
> Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: FW: how to determine maximum speed/ torque
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Roland
>
> I see that you have a motor ment for 1100rpm.
> You use a 100mm pully on the motor, and a 74mm pully on the propellor axsle. That means you try to run the propeller at 1486rpm. That is heawy work. May be you should use the 74mm pully on the motor, and the 100mm on the propellor axsle?. Them your propeller will run 815rpm, when the motor does 1100rpm.
>
> Victor
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Roland Kruijer <martine_roland@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hello fellow members,
> >
> > I send this Email, but didn't get any reaction. Is there's someone out there that can help me with this? I've read all the messages about people who only have commercial ideas about the electric boating. Not so for me, Í am just figuring out if I am on the right path...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Roland Kruijer
> >
> >
> > From: martine_roland@
> > To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: how to determine maximum speed/ torque
> > Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:42:19 +0000
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hello group,
> >
> > My name is Roland Kruijer and I am a memeber since about two years now.
> >
> > I own a little electric boat like this one: http://www.electraboat.com/
> >
> > I changed the motor in the boat for this one: jpg P7051547. I have attached the specifications of this motor in pdf.
> > That motor has a controller: jpg PA101651
> >
> > It all works ok but I think the motor can do better.
> > The boat has two 12V 210 aH batteries in series so 24V 210 aH. The motor uses a v-belt to transfer the power to the propellor axle.
> > On the motor axle it has a 100 mm pulley.
> > On the propellor axle I have a 74 mm pulley which has a 8.2" X 12 pitch propellor.
> > Oh, I know that the hull speed can be about 8 - 9 kph. The boat weighs about 400 kg including me.
> >
> > It seems the motor doesn't get to 1100 rpm, allthough I don't have a rpm meter. Does this happen because the motor can't get to this rpm because of the pulleysizes? Or is the resistance from the propellor(water) too big to get to this rpm?
> >
> > I have experienced a bit with different pulley size but I'd like to know if there's a way to calculate the best performance possible with this motor. I want some more speed/torque from this engine in relation to the propellor / waterresistance
> >
> > What would be the best proportion of pulleys for this given motor?
> > I am also thinking about placing an extra battery to run the motor on 36 V. Would that give the boat the extra power I want?
> >
> > Ok guys, I know my boat is not as big as most boats I see here in the group, but maybe someone can help me figure out what is the best way to go!
> >
> > Thanks so far,
> >
> > Roland Kruijer
> > The Netherlands
> >
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment