Sunday, April 24, 2011

[Electric Boats] regen

 

I had something interesting happen today. I was trying to get some numbers on regeneration with the Watt Meter that I mounted at the helm. I was not able to see any amps recorded. I'm thinking the Turnigy Watt Meter might not be sensitive enough to detect low amps. But with the motor in forward and a miniscule amount of throttle I noticed that the volts were reading 54.89. That seemed odd so I shifted into neutral and after a a few minutes the battery voltage was 51.7. Something is going on. The bank was used for only 2 minutes at the start of the day - there was a nice 12 knot wind over the starboard stern on the way out of the Harbor. Great day, at one point surfing down a wave I saw 9.1 knots on the GPS!

Mark
Santa Cruz

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment