Friday, April 22, 2011

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: BALANCERS INSTALL STARTED

 

Mark,
I don't have a seal yet but need to find a small "H" gasket (very small) but even when spraying water directly onto it, it's partially protected by the radar display above but for piece of mind.... I haven't made the final board up with the power adaptor (12v to 5v), IOGear BlueTooth, and RS232 plug all prettied up but will post it when it's finished. The RS232 (serial port) needed a jumper from pins 4 to 9. I even had PakTrakr do that!

Steve in Solomons MD

Hi Steve,

Looks good. Great idea getting two cases - clear and black. Is there a seal on the case? What connector on the PakTrakr did you modify for the Bluetooth connection? Any photos of that?

Thanks,

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dolan <sdolan@...> wrote:
>
> I thought I would give a small update on my balancing system I've started to install on board Electra Glide. Prior to the final hookup I needed to install the PakTrakr gauge at the helm and accomplished this by installing a case to protect it and the 2 AMP gauges (1 for each motor) from weather. I purchased 2 cases, 1 black and the other clear so I could use the black base and clear top when cruising and see the gauges if closed. The pictures show just the black case installed and the PakTrakr working as designed. It this time I have purchased a Bluetooth connector and modified the connector to the Paktrakr so the signal can be broadcasted to a future tablet device and I can see all the info at a glance without pushing buttons to scroll through the info. This will also give a graphic representation of the info. The Balancers have been mounted and are ready to be wired. Each battery terminal was fitted with a multi prong copper clip to make this an easy wiring job so I just need to get down there for a long weekend to insure all is working well through a complete cycle before doing the final wiring. HDM the manufacture even sent me a custom wiring diagram for the pack and lengthened the wires at no additional charge to fit my application. I'll mention that PakTrakr did the same for the wire lengths for me since the gauge was going to be 20' away and modified the cables for the remote Android tablet. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have the final results to post on the balancing and graphics.
>
> Steve in Solomons MD
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment