Saturday, April 30, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Just starting, ready for electric motor

 

Hi Jack,

There are a number of reputable vendors that sell complete systems, and I think that most of them have something that would fit your boat. I suggest that you contact: Advanced Marine, Propulsion Marine, Electric Yacht, Annapolis Hybrid Marine or others that you may hear of in this group.

I believe that each person needs to get a feel for how the vendors respond and pick the one that fits his or her specific needs from a price, personality and logistics point of view.

I think that most of the people here have said that their purchase of an electric drive felt like a partnership, I know that my conversion felt like that. These vendors know that each conversion can generate a lot of questions and will typically help you work through the tough parts of your conversion.

For me, the choice to go electric and then the choice of vendors was not something that I rushed into. Through this group, I have gotten to know each of these dealers at some level. However, with my limited experience of converting just my own boat, I don't feel qualified to say that any one of these vendors is better or worse than the others. I do know that I am very pleased with the system and support that I received from Propulsion Marine.

Fair winds,
Eric
1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda 30 ketch
5.5kW Propulsion Marine drive, 8kWh Lithium batteries
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, merit131 <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Eric: That ac-09 sounds like it may be a bit much, I'm not really looking to reinvent the wheel here. I was hoping by coming on this site that others with my same size boat already installed an electric motor and could suggest a motor that would work in my boat. Eric can you suggest a motor that you think would work? or is this a first on this site for this size boat, and I should get looking for the right dealer and the right motor and hope they are being upfront with me regarding their power? Please let me know what you think would work. Thanks Jack
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment