Monday, April 25, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Minn Kota motors???

 

No Eric, it will never see salt water- I just want that unit for it's size (thrust).

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Cloudmagnet.
>
> I've seen a few posts where people in this group have been considering these motors, but I haven't seen anyone come back and report how they worked out.
>
> One thin to keep in mind is that if you're operating in saltwater, you will need to keep your boat on a trailer. Looking in the Minnkota FAQ's, I read the following: "To extend the life of your Minn Kota Riptide saltwater trolling motor, thoroughly rinse the motor with freshwater after every use in saltwater and store indoors. Never leave the motor submerged in saltwater when the boat is moored."
>
> Good luck with your conversion, and let us know how it works out.
>
> Fair winds,
> Eric
> Marina del Rey, CA
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "cloudmagnet@" <cloudmagnet@> wrote:
> >
> > I starting to plank an 18' Cape Cod Catboat, and would like to install an electric motor. Several years ago when I started this project, I was looking at RE-power units, but they've had some issues that have made me reconsider. So now I'm looking at this:
> > http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trolling_motors/engine_mount/saltwater.aspx
> >
> > Specifically, the RT160EM unit. I would install it in a cut-out in the keel/skeg, just ahead of the rudder. Has anyone installed this (or similar) unit? If so, how did it work out?
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment