Thursday, November 5, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Prop rotation

I changed from a left hand prop to a right hand prop and all that was required was to tick a box in the controller settings to reverse the rotation.
Throttle positions remain unchanged.

Cheers

Mich

On Fri., 6 Nov. 2020, 05:34 Rob Temple, <robtemple@embarqmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!


On Nov 5, 2020, at 11:05 AM, Bob Jennings <heatnh@gmail.com> wrote:


I have the 10KW kit on my Sabre which had a Volvo MD7A turning a LH prop. 
I stayed with the LH  prop configuration, haven't had any trouble. If you get the Clearview Display you'll need to reconfigured the Sevcon controller so forward displays as forward, not reverse. 

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020, 10:39 AM Rob Temple <robtemple@embarqmail.com> wrote:
I'm hoping to replace my Volvo diesel (MD 2020) with a 10 KW kit. Since the Volvo requires a left hand prop almost any other diesel would require me to switch to a right hand prop. I called Thunderstruck and the man I spoke with said he didn't "think" it matters with the electric motor but it would be nice to know for sure. Can someone tell me if I'll need to switch props?





_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30863) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment