Monday, August 25, 2014

[Electric Boats] Voltage drop underway

 

Hi everyone,

I have an electric yacht motor, driven by 8 Trojan T105 batteries, wired in series to produce 48Vdc. I have owned the system and the batteries for  6 years. I have noticed this year that I am getting really significant voltage drops while underway.


I can see the motor controller display going from 48 down to 24 Vdc, all within an hour, under what I consider to be normal cruising conditions and amp draw.


I guess there may be two problems.


1) A resistance problem- maybe thermally induced ( but I don't think so)

2) The lead acid batteries are crapping out on me.


Has anyone had this experience? What should I do to determine if the batteries are due for replacement?


please advise, Brad

__._,_.___

Posted by: oconnell_brad@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment