Sunday, April 1, 2018

[Electric Boats] Converting from diesel power

 

Hello. I am a new member and would welcome advice regarding converting my boat (a home built 16' tug) from 25hp diesel to electric drive. I am having trouble figuring out what size motor I need as I don't have displacement info on this boat etc. She weighs about 3000lbs. Beam at waterline is 7'. Length at waterline is 16'. Submerged depth is 2' not including keel/rudder. The motor is old and probably would honestly rate at 20 hp. My hull speed is 4 knots max and I attain that using only 1200 rpm. Motor max rpm under load is about 2200 .
I have looked at plug and play systems from the bigger companies but they are $5500 us and up which is above my budget for a drive system before batteries. I have found two companies that have sail boat systems for about $1600 us (Thunderstruck and Electricmotorsport) they are both in California. Does anyone have any advice or can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Kim

Sent from my iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: KIM GYE <kimgye@shaw.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment