Tuesday, September 26, 2017

[Electric Boats] changing an outboard to electric

 

I found a 90Hp Force outboard on Craigslist with a blown motor(metal parts under cover).
The owner says the leg was working fine, but that the motor blew up.
I have read on the list that it is good to have a larger prop and use lower RPM.

I have a 16ft flat bottom deck boat from the 1970's with a 65HP evenrude motor.
The boat is rated for a 115HP motor, so I think the transom should be ok for the 90Hp.

I would only use this boat in sheltered waters and do not need to go fast.

Any suggestions as to how large an electric motor I should use.
I have access to a drive train from a DynastyIT Neighbourhood electrical car.
Its specs is a 5.5HP DC motor, and the controller is a curtis 1244-6401  36 to 84volt 400Amp.
in the car it is set at 72 volts with lead acid batteries.

The 5.5Hp sounds low, but the motor appears to be fairly heavy.
The thought is that the 90HP would easily take the weight of the 5.5HP motor.

Any sugestions?

If It isn't a good idea, I can look at other motor options too.

Thanks


__._,_.___

Posted by: mark.internet@yahoo.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment