Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: new member, bruce

 

Hi Dan, thanks for the input, no doubt the tunnel concept as developed in ww2 by Higson for the landing craft is the best way to go. However I have my hull built and am committed to the outdrive for primary thrust.  Yes, axial jet pumps are way inefficient but all I need is a few knots.  I wouldn't dream of economical cruising with a jet.  Well ask said in previous post, this is all experimental and I'm not out much money if it doesn't work.  Stay tuned.
Bruce

On Jul 9, 2014, at 9:38 AM, danbollinger <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

An Archimedes screw is a pump, not a prime mover. From what I understand, such a screw will not have better performance than a prop of the same diameter. I will say that a prop in a tunnel hull can work to reduce operational draft, but it is less efficient than a prop mounted outside the hull, but I think better than a axial impeller (jet drive).

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bruce Wilder <brucewild@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
photo.JPG


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment