Saturday, March 26, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Portable generators [2 Attachments]

 
[Attachment(s) from Sally Reuther included below]

For those of you wondering what to do about that portable Honda on deck - check out these two enclosures built by Maritime Plastics here in Annapolis.  This is an excellent way to help protect that generator. I just happened to come across these when I was checking their website for contact info.


Sally Reuther



On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Kevin Pemberton <pembertonkevin@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Eric,

What do you consider enclosed space? Is the boat a hazard? is it wired for explosion proof? Can any fumes find a way below via breeze or any other means?  Don't get me wrong, I had my honda on deck for years. I finally built a deck outside the transom for the thing to keep the hazard as low as I could.

Kevin Pemberton



On 03/16/2011 03:41 PM, Eric wrote:
 

Hi Tom,

You mentioned that the portable generators are not ignition protected, but there's not much in the way of volatiles onboard my boat any longer. There's the canisters of the alcohol stove with a jug of spare stove fuel and a small lamp with liquid paraffin. Of course, there's the gas tank on the generator itself, but do we think that ignition protection is still a reasonable requirement?

Like you, I only run the generator on deck and for me, the charger plugs directly into the generator.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA


--  Ubuntu10.04, Acer AspireOne, Virgin Mobile 3G Broadband2go. Doesn't get any better than this!


__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Sally Reuther

2 of 2 Photo(s)

Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment