Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Re: [electricboats] [electricboat

Thank you both. Capt.Carter gave a pretty convincing pitch there. I will look for a motorcycle chain lubricant if not the exact PJ1 product Darryl found. 

Ryan R.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: Darryl McMahon <darryl@econogics.com>
Date: 8/2/22 10:34 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: electricboats@groups.io
Subject: Re: [electricboat

Perhaps PJ1 Black Label Motorcycle Chain Lube?

You gave some pretty solid clues for me to do a web search.

https://pj1.com/product/pj1-heavy-duty-black-label-chain-lube/

Darryl

On 8/2/2022 3:48 PM, twowheelinguy via groups.io wrote:
> I've been pushing my boat with a #50 motorcycle chain in a salt water
> environment for over 10 years and have tried all kinds of things. I
> found a combination of lithium grease and graphite worked well but there
> is also this black chain lube I found a few years ago that has worked
> best. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact brand name of it, but it
> was made for motorcycles and labeled "chain" something. It was black,
> and sticky, and really controlled corrosion well. Sorry I'm not on the
> boat right now so I can't go look for the name.
>
> Capt. Carter
> www.shipofimagination.com
>
> On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 12:09:33 PM EDT, john winterrowd via
> groups.io <sailorboy55577=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
>
> Yamaha spray silicone.
>
> John Winterrowd 702 343 1492 4.2.1. Email Disclaimer NOTICE: The
> information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only
> for the use of the individual or entity named above. ANY DISTRIBUTION OR
> COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED, except by the intended recipient.
> Attempts to intercept this message are in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2511(1)
> of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the
> interceptor to fines, imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please delete it and notify me.
>
> On Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 11:28:18 AM EDT, Ryan Rolland
> <ryan@rolland.biz> wrote:
>
>
> Hi All,
> I did a thunderstruck 10kw conversion on my Catalina 30 a few years ago.
> I am using the gear reduction plate and the chain coupler. I have
> noticed the chain coupler had gotten quite rusty. Anyone using a grease
> or other lubricant on this part?
>
> *attached pic of chain coupler.
>
> Ryan R.
>


--
Darryl McMahon
Freelance Project Manager (sustainable systems)

Climate change is only a problem if you want to survive.





No comments:

Post a Comment