Tuesday, August 2, 2022

[electricboats] How long do CALB SE cells last?

I realized that I've been using some CALB SE100 cells in my little pack for 6 years now. When I bought the cells, they were old stock from Genasun, so I'm not sure what their manufacturing date was. It's possible they could even be 10 years old. The pack sees gentle service (typical load 0.2C, max 0.4C, charging 0.1C) on my little WR16 trimaran, and was previously powering a 6m proa. I've never actually run it down yet (always prefer to sail), but it sits at near full charge for a month or two each summer when the boat sits in the yard with one 100W panel connected (through MPPT controller). I store it at about 50% SOC, no charging, no loads except BMS (no balancing) over the winters.

I've really enjoyed building and using this pack. I wonder how long the cells will last? Is it possible that one of the cells will suddenly degrade, or will it just 'mellow' for many more years? Does anyone else have experiences to comment from?
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32043) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment