Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] 48v outboard

 

I had several of the same thoughts.  

Less input power than Torqeedo - so probably not as much thrust.  But at a fraction of the cost, ok.

Also, the prop on the engine looks more like a standard gas prop than the specially designed Torqeedo prop - so overall, I would expect much less performance.  But again, at a fraction of the cost, that's ok.

I like the idea of putting two on the transom.  The thing I was looking for was:  is there a remote throttle (control) option??   I'd love to do twin engines and steer it with differential thrust instead of having to run steering cables or rudders, etc...

But it doesn't look like there is a "remote" option for these.

John

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 07:24:17 PM CDT, 'Shredderf16@sbcglobal.net' shredderf16@sbcglobal.net [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

Looks interesting though the biggest they make is 1200 watts. The Torqeedo 5 hp equivalent pulls 2000 watts so maybe optimistic with their marketing. At that price I'm thinking of ganging two together for a dinghy I'm building. Also kind of a solution to dinghy theft, just take the power cable with you. I've never bought anything off Ali Baba. Anyone had any experience with them?
Jerry Barth

Sent from my Sprint Phone.

__._,_.___

Posted by: oak <oak_box@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment