Monday, August 17, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Anybody Out There?

 

I'm  located in Toms River, NJ and plan to use the boat on the river and in the Barnegat Bay.  Mostly shallow brackish water with little current and small tidal change. Still haven't decided on th power source yet. Wife says stick with gas outboard in well,but I still want electric. I want to be the only loud thing on the boat that smells bad.
 
Kevin

--- On Mon, 8/17/09, GNHBus@aol.com <GNHBus@aol.com> wrote:

From: GNHBus@aol.com <GNHBus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Anybody Out There?
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 1:39 PM

 

Hi Kevin,
Where are you & the Cat Boat located?
Geo

-----Original Message-----

From: kevintorpey <kevintorpey@ yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Mon, Aug 3, 2009 10:07 pm
Subject: [Electric Boats] Anybody Out There?

I posted about a week ago that I was converting my old catboat to electric and thought that someone might be interested to give me some input/advice on a good system to implement as the primary source of propulsion. I have read countless posts over the past year and figured someone might have a great idea.

I spent a great deal of time and effort in the past couple of weeks to transform the boat into an open cocktail cruiser that fits more people and gear than a Duffy 18'. But before I commit to a power source, I thought someone might like to offer guidance or reassurance on the project.

I wouldn't consider using a trolling motor for obvious reasons and I have a 17" x17 degree bronze prop and nibrel shaft which I could connect via an easily installed shaft log. I have a 5hp Tohatsu outboard that moved the boat along @ 6mph and would like some input.

Thanks again,

Kevin Torpey

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment