Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Regen (again)

 

Eric R.
 
Regen is the ability of the propulsion motor to turn into a generator and to  "regenerate" power back into the battery back. As Eric points out the ability of a boat to do this depends on number of factors. Speed being just one of the parameters. On my boat I have found regen begins at around 6 knots:
My boat does not always sail at that speed and  it is not a lot of power at that speed but, it is in a positive direction and that's a good thing IMO. I do not depend on it for charging but, I like that it helps.  I am looking forward to the upcoming season and experimenting with it more.
 
Capt. Mike
 

From: Eric Rieber <riverman84@gmail.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:16 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Regen (again)

 
I'm not familiar with these terms. I'm new here. What's regan mode"?

What is an auto prop? When I lived in Norway, in the late sixties,
many boats had variable pitch propellers that were also used for
reverse. They were adjustable from the controls by the pilot. Any
connection?

Eric R.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment