Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Current 48 VDC alternator/generator options

 

So Albert, What are you going to be asking for one of those gensets?  As I understand, they are the 48 VDC model?  I would be interested if not really high.
Dan
 
 
 
Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:55 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Current 48 VDC alternator/generator options
 
 

Myles,

Are your gensets rated for 48v Lead Acid or 36v?   They have a switch and can be either 36v or 48v depending on your selection.  In my case they are set at 48v. 

I too presume and have observed the AlphaGens working harder the lower I take my bank.  My bank is never below 50.0 volts and the AlphaGens do not work abover 52.5 volts according to the manual and testing.  Not sure where you found 56v. 

There is no changing of load curve.  These units have a sealed and potted PCB assembly that even the experts say there is no changing.  The load curve does not exist because it does not have one.  It only senses voltage drop and produces a current based on load.  The higher the load the lower the battery voltage the harder they work.

The lestronic chargers tapper from 21 amps down to 8 amps at the end of their charge cycle.  I've never seen my Lestronic chargers outputting 8 amps.  When both are in use they always read from 30 to 32 amps.  From a generator I can get one to produce it's maximum 20 amp output.  With two on a generator I get 30 amps.  The chargers are dumb enough to not know they are charging a 20kw/h battery bank and that is just the way they should be. 

I typically have to reboot the system to restart the chargers after their internal timer expires.  Sad day when this model was discontinued.  Perfect for lithium.  I don't have anything to do with bulk battery charge states or lead acid batteries.  The lestronics might think they do but in reality they don't.  They just happily charge full blast all the time.

Besides I just offloaded the Two AlphaGen DCX3000's off the catamaran today.  Will empty the tanks and put in storage after photographing and listing on Craigslist.  Rides much higher on the transom now and will have to evaluate if I need to move more weight aft or not.







Virus-free. www.avg.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Dan Hennis" <dhennis@centurytel.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (25)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment