Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Mount flexible solar panels by the eyelets only?

 

Bendik

I don't know what brand you will be using but, I bought a Renogy 100 watt flexible panel last year and it is holding up pretty well. I don't always secure it as well as I should and it has been picked up and flipped a few times on deck and is still working well with no damage.  I plan on buying more at some point. THE BIANKA LOG BLOG: A LOOK AT THE RENOGY 100 WATT BENDABLE SOLAR PANEL  




On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:36 PM, "Bendik Vignes bendik.vignes@yahoo.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Hi!
I am considering a solution where I will make som kind of foldable solar panels for my electric boat project - in this way I can put the panels out when I need charging, or else keep them stuffed away. 
I am planning to use 150W monocrystalline, flexible panels (i.e 1300x660x3mm).
When the panels are mounted on he deck of the boat I would like them to be mounted by he eyelets only, and not on any stiffening surfaces of any kind. In strong winds, the panels will probabely vibrate and there will be some bending and twisting.
I have no experience with flexible solar panels, but many of you do - what is your opinions/experiences: are flexible panels durable enough to be mounted by the eyelets only?

Regards
Bendik, Norway


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mike <biankablog@verizon.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment