Sunday, June 28, 2015

[Electric Boats] Electric power tiller build-photo show [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from billhopen@yahoo.com [electricboats] included below]

Hi everyone,


I swear its easier to weld up a contraption than it is to assemble photos and up load a "show and tell" presentation, but I did it...hope you see this without a hitch or glitch


I've built a big trolling motor...about 100lbs, will run my boat 5-6kts at 1650watts through a 36volt planetary geared-down motor from a floor sweeper machine that powers an 18inch X 18 pitch bronze prop.  it rides in the rudder gussets of my RK21 day sailer/cabin sailboat.  


I am a sculptor, so have a tig welder and scraps of copper/stainless/silicon bronze....everything is made of these non-corroding materials.


two wheel chair batteries..50AH @12v will run this boat 6mph for miles on just a straight connect....I have been running it on 48v through a  pwm.controller


I get a lot of curious looks from all the fossil fuel burners on the lake....cruising with my family @ 5-6 kts is just fine, no hurry, no need to water ski, just blissing out cruising and fishing.  might add a solar roof later this season

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from billhopen@yahoo.com [electricboats] | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: billhopen@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment