Monday, February 27, 2012

[Electric Boats] Using LinkPRO at 48V

 

I've been using my LinkPRO on my launch for almost two years now, monitoring a 48V lithium bank. Since the LinkPRO needs 9-35V to operate, I've been powering it with the Sevcon 300W DC-DC converter that I use to run house loads.

I also use a Belktronix 10:1 pre-scaler to enable the LinkPRO work with my installation. The pre-scaler works well (and Belktronix's customer support is great).

But there are a couple drawbacks to this system.
1. The 300W DC-DC has to work 24/7 to keep the LinkPRO operating.
2. The LinkPRO, when running at 48V with a 10:1 pre-scaler loses some of it's capabilities. For instance, the voltage settings for the various alarms and auto-synching have a minimum value of 80V when used with the pre-scaler, which is obviously of little use when running 48V.

I stumbled upon an accessory for the TBS E-Xpert Pro which addresses both of these concerns in one tidy package.

Here is a link to E-Volve Electrics' page for the TBS active 5:1 prescaler featuring built-in DC-DC (near bottom of page):

http://evolveelectrics.com/E-Xpert%20Pro.html

Woo Hoo!
Anybody want to buy a Belktronix 10:1 prescaler for cheep?

PS: Yes, had I known it was available at the time, I would have bought the HV version of the LinkPRO...

-Tom

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment