Friday, June 24, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: homemade Z - drive

 

Thanks. The Glen-l electric drive set-up is exactly what i had in mind. Has any body actually done it? I don't want to pay for plans that I may not even use.I'd like to see pics of a build first. As far as the " Pug " goes, I haven't seen any pics of one compleated, but it looks a little complex for its usefullness. I was thinking more along the lines of a stretched " Tubby Tug " .

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Todd" <toddbates99@...> wrote:
>
> I think that Glen-L may have just what your asking for.
>
> This is their drive setup, being able to adjust the gearing might be very nice.
> http://www.glen-l.com/designs/special/electricdrive.html
>
> Or this is tug design is also electric
> http://www.boatdesigns.com/PUG-ETM-Plans-Patterns/productinfo/61%2D364/
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "jallen72@" <jallen72@> wrote:
> >
> > Has any body ever tried to make a homemade Z or L drive out of a discarded small outboard lower unit? any pics ? I want to build a mini tugboat for my kids that is also big enough for me and my wife ( perhaps 12 feet or so ) but it has to be on a shoe string budget with as many things as possible repurposed or scrounged from junk. I think it needs a little more power than a trolling motor. I was thinking of a golf cart motor or some kind of car starter or something. any ideas? Oh also. The drive wouldn't necessarily have to turn, I could mount it fixed and use a rudder if it's easier ( and cheaper ).thank you.
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment