Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Fw: Friends in the DC propulsion industries.

 

My side of the story:

I shipped Paul three brand new motors. I do not sell used motors. Our business model is to ship pallet quantities of motors to OEM's from our warehouse, and I only made this sale as a favor to one of my dealers. My dealer had spent three months designing Paul's propulsion system (down to each and every bolt, motor controls, mounting brackets, pulleys, ect.) and then Paul would not purchase by wire transfer.

After Paul received the motors from me, he claimed there was shipping damage on one motor, but could not send a picture of the damage. He did not claim the damage at the time he picked up the package with the shipping company. We (Paul and I) worked out a deal where I would sent him a new brush holder at no cost (which I did) to fix the broken terminal.

About two months later, he claimed to have used motors and wants me to send him another two motors free of charge. If I want the old ones back, I would have to pay him $350 in shipping charges in advance. He then sent emails for many months threatening to "slander" me (his words) if I did not send him new motors at no charge.

I do know know what he is up to, but I think he is "over his head". He is trying to connect a DC motors directly to a Diesel engine, and then to batteries. I do not think he ever purchased a motor control. If he ran the system like this, then he would have burned-out the motors.

As to the Mars Electric LLC business, we actually grew last year. We have a new 5 HP electric outboard with electric tilt, a new 10 KW continuous brushless motor for the Sevcon Gen4 control, and a 144 volt, 200 amps motor to convert small cars and trucks. I try not to post to this group because it is more of a "how to" group and we do not sell to the public. We only sell through Dealers.

John Fiorenza
President
Mars Electric LLC

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "dennis wolfe" <dwolfe@...> wrote:
>
> My dealings with John, the most recent being last summer, have been very pleasant. Maybe his business is going down the tubes too, like Kevin Plank's Re E Power.
>
> Denny
>
>
> ,
> Some of us seem to have had problems with vedours in the propulsion industry, here is a good one.
> I crossed the north Atlantic to the Azores mid 2008 without a motor and then decided on DC propulsion, being South African and my Visa only good for 90 days I had to go back and forth during the transition of getting all the bits and pieces together, Because I wanted to house a diesel generator and prop motor in my engine room space wise I could not go with the ready made systems on offer and decided to go it on my own. The particular vendour I was dealing with at the time was most unhelpfull and would not deal in US credit cards but wanted cash in his bank account before he would do bussiness with me.
> I then much to my regret around August 2009 ordered from John Fiorenza of MarsElectricllc three motors which arrived at the Marina where I am at, of the three one was new, two used of which one had a very bad burned commentator,bent casing and broken brush holder. John's answer after many e/m's of complaints was he will send me a new brush holder assembly which he did. I have written to him on numerous ocations that I was not happy about installing used motors in my boat when I ordered and paid for new motors. His answer to that was that his motors was very robust and if anything down the line goes faulty he will work with me, yeh like sending me used and faulty motors in the first place. He refuses to at least replace one of the two used motors and now no longer answers my mail.
> Last mail I recieved from him he refuses to make good on supplying me with used motors, so my fellow boaters be carefull out there.
> Paul Beaurain.
> S/V "CINDY"
> Azores.
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment