Thursday, September 29, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: REGEN SUCCESS!

 

Congratulataions Mike!

I have found that electro-sailing is the key to regen on my boat too. I've never seen any positive amperage at under 5kts, but on a day this summer where we were sailing around 6kts most of the afternoon, I saw brief moments of 1A+ and 3 minute averages (by eyeball estimating) of about 0.3-0.4A It does help that I've got my E-Xpert Pro mounted where I can see it from the helm.

BTW, your regen video on the blog shows up as private, I can't watch it on this computer, I'll have to try another computer tonight.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@...> wrote:
>
> I finally was able to observe my ASMO MARINE Thoosa 9000 system in regen mode after trying over three years. Strange thing was I was not even trying when I found it working. It was probably available all the time. I had recently started electro sailing instead of just letting the prop spin with the EP system off while under sail. One day when the boat was sailing along at 6 knots I checked the amp meter and noticed it had a  positive amp flow. Did the happy dance in cockpit! You can see the regen in action here on my blog:
>  http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2011/09/another-advantage-of-electric.html
> BTW I'm using the same three bladed prop I used with the diesel . Until I can rig up another meter so I can  observe the regen more easily in the cockpit I'll continue to check on it from time to time Though it's not easy to keep a constant eye on it with current meter location.  I'm still happy to know that it is working.
>  
> Capt. Mike
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com
>  
>  
>

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment