Monday, May 30, 2011

[Electric Boats] Newbie

 

Hey all. I am just restarting a rebuild project on my 34' Sailing trimaran. Have been looking around at several vendors for a conversion kit and am pretty well sold on the electric yachts 180ibl. Will go with AGM batteries, wind generator, solar, Honda portable, and a folding prop. The boat will be used for full time cruising hence the added power source choices. I also intend to use a 48v/12v converter for all the house loads.

I would like to know if anybody has set up a battery bank charging system and charged from multiple sources at the same time? I envision being under sail taking advantage of the regen ability, and charging from the wind generators and solar panels.

I was also thinking about an electric outboard for the inflatable but I have not researched that much yet.

Thanks for any input and advice.

Rob

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment