Sunday, April 24, 2016

RE: [Electric Boats] New Member

 

Hi Eric,

Thank you for sharing your solar project.  I am all too familiar with rot--I am replacing my bow sprit this week.  

On a side note, we have Orcas in the area but no alligators.  

Gene




To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 01:49:33 +0000
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] New Member

 

Gene,

You might enjoy reading about our electric conversion of an old cutter rigged ketch. The wooden rigging was rotten but the old concrete hull was solid so I made an experimental water craft to see if it would work. We've been solar cruising for about 3 years now and it worked pretty good.




Capt. Carter


On Monday, April 18, 2016 5:53 PM, "cirejay@hotmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:




Gene,

I can see the confusion.  Actually I am quite familiar with Atkin's  Eric and admire it, but that if not my boat, it's my name, LOL.

My boat is an Allied Seawind II

Eric SV Meander


---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <gfusch@...> wrote :

Thank you for the nice welcome.  Meander is a nice name for an Eric.  My current boat is the Gitane des Mers built by a French Canadian.

I ordered the study plans for the Eric 32 from Pat Atkin last week.  I suspect that they will reach me on the Hood Canal soon.

Gene

To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:57:17 -0400
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] New Member

 

Absolutely no advice to to offer, only the best of wishes.

I can wait to see pictures of the new boat as it takes shape.  I singlehand a 32' Ketch so very much agree with your decision, though my auxiliary is diesel. 

ERIC SV MEANDER



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "Gene gfusch@... [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 4/14/16 01:35 (GMT-05:00)
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] New Member

 

I am a new member but I was a quiet member a few years ago but my work took up too much of my time.  I am now preparing to retire (next year) and planning on putting an electric auxiliary in my retirement sailboat.  My reason for joining the group.  

I currently have several skiffs, a 26' Cris Craft that I am restoring (75% done) and will sell, and a 47' LOA (18-ton 40' OD, 14'3" beam) not too close Spray replica.  However, my sailboat is too deluxe and has considerable energy needs.  With a Volvo 106 HP diesel and a large sloop mainsail, I worry that I may have difficulty handling the boat as I age. 

I am planning on building a 32-35' double-ender ketch or schooner with an electrical backup motor to sail off into retirement.  I am interested in hearing what others are doing in regards to electrical propulsion.







__._,_.___

Posted by: Gene <gfusch@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (53)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment