Friday, June 17, 2022

Re: [electricboats] >200 Ah cell size

I don't know where that rumor started,  I was always skeptical of it.   My 1000ah Winston cell are 12 years old have run daily house load for that 12 years, and have racked up close to 3000 miles of sea travel as a traction pack,  and the last time I checked about a year ago was still delivering 100% capacity.  

   

On 17 Jun 2022, at 14:06, Steve Gjertson <sgjertson@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am revisiting my sailboat conversion after some time. I am in the process of sourcing cells for a 48v LifePO4 pack. I had read a while back that going over 200Ah cell size was not a good idea from a durability standpoint and structural strength to weight ratio of the cell. Is this still the case or have technological advances over the last several years negated this concern
Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment