Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers

Yes on the motor well.  One reason I "redesigned" was all the space back there.  My set up is with Standard Teleflex steering.  I fabed up an arm between the two motors.  Yes, a lot of duel OBs have counter-rotating systems.  Most duel inboards do.  When I tested with 2 RH props, it took 3X longer to do a 360 to the left (or right) I forget.  In the video you see, I'm using the left hand prop on the left motor.  I have not gotten the thing balanced yet so...not quite there, 
BTW, I have a Honda 2 as an aux, that drops into a well under a center rear seat.  A sort of "trap door" through the bottom.  Works good.  The 2hp. Honda pushes about 5.5 mph.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers

Thanks for all the replies everyone.  

In fact, my intention is to rig up a 24v 80lb minnkota that I have, at least as a first draft.  I have a lot of time to think this over, we got four inches of snow last night so I suppose our season is officially over.

Glenn, how did you rig up your steering?  I of course also have remote steering, a standard mechanical setup.  And I'm curious about the challenges with turning left under the dual setup.  Are dual ICE outboards set up with reversed props?  


Also, Glenn, I like how compact your motorwell area is.  I built the standard Redwing and I could use the extra foot of cockpit!

No comments:

Post a Comment