Friday, March 17, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Current 48 VDC alternator/generator options

 

Actually I have found a couple options besides the one I first mentioned.  There is a fellow at Shawnee Power Systems that has a good package deal.
Eric Augustine
Shawnee Power Systems, Inc.
19888 West 156th Street
Olathe, KS 66062
P: 913.631.2442
 
Also, I found an outlet for 48 volt DC portables that will work if I can survive with 2.8 K.  But they are small enough, I could install a pair with diodes and then have twin everything.  I am looking at both of these options seriously as the cost is not too much, and they are suitable for marine use, since I am using a drystack and need forced ventilation for the battery bays.  But thanks for the advise anyway.
Dan
 
 
 
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Current 48 VDC alternator/generator options
 
 

If you want to build a DC Generator you could use:
 
The 100amp gen-head will set you back about two thousand bucks. 
 
Then you still need a marine engine to attach it to.  Your cheapest option by far would be to just buy an AC marine generator and run a couple of chargers off the AC output.
 
There would be some convention lose this way, but with the money you saved over a Packaged DC generator, you would still be ahead money wise  for decades. 

On Mar 16, 2017, at 3:32 PM, 'Dan Hennis' dhennis@centurytel.net [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Thanks a lot Myles,  But I am needing to build a genset to power what some might call a "floating Prius".  According to the Eggheads at the controller plant, I only have 20 minutes of power at theoretical full power.  The engineers at the Motor makers say I have 2-6 hours of batteries.  And the battery distributer says I will have 8-14 hours of batteries.  So to narrow it down, and if I combine what all the "intelligent folk" are telling me, I have a precise amount of 20 minutes to 14 hours of battery storage...  So with this in mind, ... I am working on a small, SIMPLE, diesel genset that will feed my flux capacitor at about 60-65% of my Mr. Fusion... Confused yet???
 
Dan
 
 
 
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:57 AM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Current 48 VDC alternator/generator options
 
 

As for chargers:

If you're using lead-acid, consider the Genius series of chargers.

I'm using 2 of their multi-bank chargers for my 14-battery pack on my 1920 Milburn electric car ( www.evalbum.com/348 ) --- the GEN3 (delivers 10amps to 3 batteries and manages the SOC of each) and a GEN4 unit.

Genius GEN3 chargers: https://no.co/gen3

I don't use these on my nom. 42v pack on my boat though especially since my pack is lithium these days: Enerdel 10p(2p(12s(2p))) with 17.5ah cells --- 700ah @ 31-48v

-Myles

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Dan Hennis" <dhennis@centurytel.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment