Thursday, May 29, 2014

RE: [Electric Boats] Time to take the plunge

 

Welcome to the club!

8O)

 

Steve in Solomons MD


From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:33 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Time to take the plunge

 




Having lurked here for over a year, I am about to take the plunge. My atomic 4 was abandoned by the mechanic who was looking into fixing it (he moved to take up a job in another province). I may look at it myself this winter for future consideration.

 

I am ordering a 5 KW BLDC motor, controller and LiFePO pack from Golden Motor (mostly because they operate out of Mississauga where I work, and Gary seems to be active in customer service).

 

I also want to order a Thunderstruck 2:1 gear reduction and mounting plate from Thunderstruck (so far I can't find an Ontario dealer). I will be installing these as soon as they arrive. I will post my experiences in a couple of weeks I expect.


 

--

 
 

Where there is a shell, there is a way...

 

Dominic Amann
M 416-270-4587


__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Dolan <SDolan@scannersllc.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment