Sunday, May 25, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Direct drive and thrust bearings vs flange mounted ballbearing

 

I have heard that the Lynch motors are designed for direct drive. The Mars/Montenegro BLDC motors are not. Certainly you could do it but apparently it is advisable not to. See the Montenegro site. I thought it was clear what motor I was talking about, since the OP specifically stated he was using the 0201014201 motor. Furthermore I didn't say it couldn't be done, only that afaik it generally isn't done direct drive with that motor and I was curious about who recommended that he do it that way. I believe I also stated that after considerable research I was going to myself use that same motor with a reduction. That shouldn't scare anyone away from re powering who is competent to do a normal diesel repower. This is still a simple job with easily sourced materuals. So let's don't get our tummies aflutter.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment