Tuesday, August 27, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Shore power

 

I would make an external ground from 10' or so of 3/4 copper pipe fastened to the bottom of the boat, and connect the green ground wire to that.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "fred4936" <fred4936@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm putting s proper shore power system in my boat, which should make life easier and safer! I read an article from Don Casey about installing shore power systems, and he says to connect the green ground to the engine block. I no longer have an engine block, so that option does not exist. Both the 48v and 12v DC systems are floating, and I was going to make the 120v AC system the same. My prop shaft is also electrically isolated. I was curious as to how others handled this. Thanks to everyone in advance!
>
> Fred Liesegang
> Tartan 27-2 "Eagle"
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment