Sunday, September 30, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Engine Mounts

 

Thanks for the note. I ordered the following:

4 x IM30-12S (MAXIMOUNT)

They seem like the right weight and strength for the ME0913. Let me know if I'm way off base here. The price was also bearable.

Cheers & Thanks,

Bradley

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "mwk1946" <mwk4619@...> wrote:
>
> B,
>
> I setup the distribution for IsoFlex Technologies here in the Americas.
>
> Contact Jeff Strong at Tides Marine.
> They will set you up.
>
> Also, you can contact Cam Ewart, the President at cam.ewart@...
>
>
> Best, Matt
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, semicolonsutra <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm mounting my ME0913 to my wooden sailboat and am using the Thunderstruck gear reduction harness (see link below). I have been advised that using flexible motor mounts is a good idea to reduce the load transmission to the hull--she's an older woodie. Anyway I'm looking at vetus and merequipment among others and all the mounts seem to suggest a minimum weight of say 50 pounds--I assume this is per mount. Since I'm going to use 4 mounts and the ME0913 is about 50 pounds total with all accoutrement that would be only about 12.5 pounds per mount. What should I do? Does anyone have suggestions on motor mounts to buy? Also does anyone know a good chandlery in the SF Bay Area where I might get these (I tried Svendson's and a few others but no one has any in stock). The last question: do I even need them or can I just bolt them to a piece of 1" marine ply bolted to the stringers?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bradley
> >
> > links:
> > http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/ts-gear-reduction.html
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment