Thursday, July 26, 2012

[Electric Boats] Socialpath complete electrical system

 

It is past time that I decide on an electrical system for my boat. With good fortune, many of you will help correct my errors.

The boat is 13.6 meters at the dwl. Overall it is a bit over 14.5 meters long. The widest part of the hulls is 1 meter at the water line. Centerlines of the hulls set 6.8 meters apart. Weight is 8,000 kgs fully loaded.

The electrical system will be DC based. The generator will be DC and diesel. The boat is to be cruised internationally. This means I have shore power voltage/phase differences to adapt to. The AC part of the boat will be 230V/50Hz. The propulsion, lighting and rest will be 48V DC or stepped down to 24V and 12V.

The propulsion is two 48V motors spinning 16 inch props. I have four 12V AGM batteries in each hull to make a 48V bank.

I have created a folder Socialpath Catamaran and posted a pdf file. The file is the first go at how the electricity will work. I need to comprehend how to connect a DC generator / Solar pannels/ Shore charger and propulsion system to the battery bank. Anyone have advice?

Thank you all in advance.

Tim Cordes

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment