Thursday, October 6, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Just another Duffy owner here! Thunderstruck upgrade?

 

Thanks Dennis,

I took a hard look at Golden Motor. Their brushless motors seem to have higher efficiency plots than Motenergy. In fact, I was disappointed to see that the brushless ME1305 6hp motor's efficiency was around 80%, but ME0909 brushed PM was over 90%. The ME0909 is much closer to the power range that I need.

Golden Motor's 3kW and 5kW are ideal sizes and water cooling would solve a problem I already have with my GE motor.

I am trying to find the most efficient drive setup for my boat, which led me to places like Torqeedo, looking at their sail drive pods and thinking about ways to install those as a steerable pod. It seems like large slow turning props are the way to go, and pods don't do this as they are direct drive.

There is also "Caroute" who is selling a 48V 180lb trolling motor that is pitched to go fast. I'm partial to maintaining my inboard drive configuration.

I'm not sure which direction to head in for the most efficient system. I am currently getting 85MPGe.

Best regards,

Benjamin

__._,_.___

Posted by: benjatelcom@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment