Tuesday, May 17, 2016

[Electric Boats] Looking at electric for bristol 27

 

Hey everyone.

I have been looking to repower my bristol 27. I mainly have been looking at used diesels due to price. Our current inboard diesel is torn out due to being seized and having a damaged crankshaft.

Our boat is a 6k lb displacement hull. I found a site selling electric kits called thunderstruck-ev. Anyone have any recommendations on these kits?

For $2300 I can get a 10kw kit. In terms of battery bank, I have a single 12v agm, so I'm not sure how much I'd need to spend however I would assume around 1200, which means I'd be in around $3500. Right around the cost of a used, rebuilt diesel.

As for range, I have a small 2kva generator that I could use for prolonging the inevitable. I am not a world cruiser, just a costal cruiser based out of Seattle WA.

For the people who have made the transition, can you shed some light for me?

Or if anyone has a running 10-15hp diesel they are getting rid of, contact me as I may be interested as I'd be glad to help fund someone with their conversion :)

Thanks!

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jordan de Geus <chowdan131@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment