Sunday, February 21, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Why gear reduction?

 

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for that. What's your reduction ratio? I run 12 x 10 also, but fixed 2 blade. The K11 one here:

http://www.elicheradice.com/sailing-boats/

 

I have also experimented with different rpm/volt, torque/amp motors and a 12 x 14, 3 blade. PSS packless seal. I estimate my loaded displacement is around 8,000 lbs, 21.25 ft LWL. My prop is in an aperture. I'd like a 2 blade folding prop but not enough room.

I started with AGM in 2012 and have just finished switching to LiFePO4 so I'm looking forward to this season to get some new stats and will post them for comparison as soon as I can. Last year the boat was on the hard due to a knee op, so it'll be nice to get out to play again!

I find it great fun being able to add/change stuff to an electric boat as and when one can afford it. A modular approach. I now also have a separate AGM house bank with a bi-directional inverter/charger. Total power of propulsion and house bank chargers is now 1,700 Watts.

John

http://www.elektra-yachts.co.uk

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment