Thursday, January 22, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Charging batteries

 

No but when you ask for a price quote from an Italian company, and fill in your US address, the distributor they forward your price quote to might be Australian.  I just calk stuff like this up to globalization at work.  But who knows it might actually be cheaper to ship from Australia to the US then from Italy.  Or they could only have one English speaking distributor. Could be a clue to a U.S. Company to become a US distributor if in fact the product is of interest to others beside me in the US. 



On Jan 22, 2015, at 10:26 AM, cirejay@hotmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

James, are you in Australia?


Eric SV Meander




---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <yamez4u@...> wrote :

I'll hijack this thread. Talking about larger boats and generator charging, in the past I have priced Fischer Panda and Polar Power DC generators. Even for their fairly low power models in the 3-5KW range they want a sizable cost premium over similar AC generators. At 15,000 for a 4KW generator I had limited interest.  I recently found an Italian company Sincro that makes generator backends that quoted a very reasonable price for a 100A 48volt backend which my current Kohler 7.5 KW generator should handle with ease. In the 2000 dollar range I am seriously considering it. 

http://www.macfarlanegenerators.com.au/products/675/Sincro-FB4-24-and-48-VDC-Low-Voltage-Alternators

The Sincro mates via J609b, I have no ideal what my old Kohler mating and bolt pattern is but I am guessing it is not J609b so I most likely would need an adapter plate made.  

Anyone here know what standards are common for generator connection to the backends? Any potential pit falls that I am likely to run in to?  My Kohler rpm is in the supported range, so if the adapter does not cost to much to make, this could be viable option for others.  


__._,_.___

Posted by: James Sizemore <james@deny.org>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (37)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment