Sunday, October 19, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] parallel - series

 

Hi Jason,


Thanks for the suggestion. I do have two separate banks now, 4 group 27's and four group 30's and keep them separate for just the reason you mention. Early on (2008) I had a battery go bad and it was good to have the second separate, healthy bank while I sorted out the problem battery. I will likely keep one of the AGM banks and replace the other with lithium. I have two chargers onboard and would like to stay with two chargers. It was suggested to me that I could use my existing (lead acid) charger and control it with the BMS, I like that plan. I did a little digging and it looks like it will be easy to series/parallel the 40ah lithium batteries and control the charging with just one charger.


If anyone has any "living with lithium on a boat" experience I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions. I've got lithium batteries in a small electric van and really like the performance of the lithium.


Thanks, Mark

Santa Cruz

__._,_.___

Posted by: acsarfkram@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment