Friday, September 26, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion

 

I have  my outboard fixed and switch motor direction.
I took the leg apart and removed the impellor on the waterpump though.
If the impellor is still on the leg I think you would have issues

From: "John Acord jcacord@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:58 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion

 
I am just starting my outboard conversion and, while things are apart, have a question about forward/reverse. 

Is it OK to fix the lower end in one direction, forward for example, and reverse the motor for direction change?

My preference is to fix the lower end in forward and reverse with the motor direction.  But I am not sure how well the lower end will hold up with that operation.

John

--
Flatwater Electronics
www.flatwaterfarm.com
"Neurosurgery for computer looms."


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark F <mark.internet@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment