Sunday, November 10, 2013

Re: RE: [Electric Boats] RE: Hello group

 

I picked up an escape hybrid pack for $350.00 after I had a bad experience with lead acid batteries.
it is 5.5Ah cells, total volts 325. = 1787.5watts   i believe.
I guess I paid 195.80 per Kwh.

If you could direct me to your source for .40/ Kwh with BMS, I would be interested.

Mark




From: "boat_works@yahoo.com" <boat_works@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2013 10:38:27 PM
Subject: RE: RE: [Electric Boats] RE: Hello group

 
Hi Myles,
 
I'm not sure what "40c/kwh" is, but if it's 40 cents/kWh, then I wish had I that deal instead of the $418/kWh (without BMS) that I paid for my 180Ah CALBs!
 
-Tom 
---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <matwete@...> wrote:

"my only question on the ford escape cells is why use sanyo 5.5 ah cells when the tenergey ones are rated at 10 ah?" 
Why stop there?
e.g. "why use 10ah Tenergy cells when you can use 17.5ah Enerdel cells"
Or, "why use 17.5ah Enerdel cells when you can buy a 35ah, 48v  Enerdel module complete"
Or, "why use any of those cells when you can bet CALB 40ah or 100ah cells"
 
It's nice that we have lots of options with Lithium these days.
For about 40c/kwh (including BMS), my pack's Enerdel modules have some of the highest quality (and power) cells.
Better still, I don't have to mess with cells since the modules are already configured for 48v at the factory.
Had the deal with these modules not presented itself, I'd have likely gone with 100ah CALB cells.
But then, I don't know anything about these Tenergy or Sanyo cells.
Are folks going with them because of some good price point?
 
-Myles Twete, Portland


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (85)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment