Sunday, September 8, 2013

RE: [Electric Boats] PAKTRAKR question

 

Paktrakr seems to be hors de combat at present.

 

http://www.cloudelectric.com/category-s/7966.htm

 

Maybe not the best time to invest in new gear unless pretty cheap.

 

- Nick

 

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rwsandersii@hotmail.com
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 11:40 AM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] PAKTRAKR question

 

 

Hello everyone,

I did get my electrically powered Compac 27 launched and I'll post a brief summary soon (I keep hoping Yahoo will switch back to the previous format, I hate the way things show in the web version right now, we don't even get our own picture on the front page, right now it is a guy on a mountain bike).

Anyway, my PAKTRAKR display is dead.  The remote seems to be running correctly as it is still flashing in the proper sequence.  I would guess the displays weren't set up for outside use as it appears they were originally intended for electric cars. 

Before I go buy an entire setup (some guy in Europe has some for sale), I was wondering if anyone here knows if there is a "black box" that I could use to convert the PAKTRAKR output to a NMEA protocol that could be displayed on my Standard Horizon 390i chartplotter. 

This would have to be a plug and play set up as I'm not knowledgeable enough to program anything to do this.

Thanks,

Richard

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment