Friday, September 2, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] reverse solenoids

 

Jeremy nailed the solenoid answer but I just wanted to say congratulations on a very nice project.  You will love the electric power.

I read your blog and noted you are going to keep it on  a mooring.  How will you recharge?

Also, how is the motor / gear noise?

Denny Wolfe
www.wolfEboats.com

 

Hi EB people

I have built an 18 foot launch of my own design named Eleccentricity http://www.affordableacadia.com/2011/eleccentricity-launched/ and I have been stymied over reverse. Naturally, I should be asking how others have done it so here I am. It currently cannot go in reverse unless I shift the gears on the electrified outboard; a bother to do remotely. Obviously I could reverse polarity to the motor (PM Mars 0909)and this is how I would like to do it with solenoids or relays if I can find ones rated for 80 amps.




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment