Friday, September 2, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] 16x16 model airplane prop on Torqeedo 801 tried

 

You know Torqeedo sells a higher pitch prop - I believe they call it a speed prop.

On 9/2/2011 8:39 AM, F Neil Simms wrote:

 

Just a quick post to say my cobbled-together two-blade 16x16 APC model airplane prop on a Torqeedo 801 produced some interesting results in my first tests. I tried the rig out on my Harpoon 5.2 sailboat (left the mast/boom at home).

Initial results show about 40% less power consumed for a given speed versus the stock 12x10 3-blade Torqeedo prop. I did experience a lot of vibration, especially at higher RPM, as my crude spacer and the attachment of the prop were less than well-balanced. I did have a model airplane spinner on the end, which should have helped smooth flow somewhat.




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment