Thursday, August 13, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Buyer Beware about RE-E-POWER.com

 

Hi Scott,
My offer still stands. If you and Kevin are willing, I'll even cover the shipping to Mill Valley, Ca (94941) and back to you. I probably have a structure in my shop already, and will fit the controller into the pod as well.

Be Well,
Arby

________________________________
From: "skjenson@sbcglobal.net" <skjenson@sbcglobal.net>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 1:50:30 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Buyer Beware about RE-E-POWER.com

Arby:
Thanks very much for the offer, but I sent the unit back to Kevin the next day. I figured a used, incomplete ePod had very little value to me, and at least Kevin could potentially sell it. Also, I figured I had a better case with my credit card company and PayPal if I returned it. Fortunately I didn't drill two holes in my boat, mount what I had and then have to wait for Kevin to send me the rest of the parts.
Scott

--- In electricboats@ yahoogroups. com, "arbybernt" <arbybernt@. ..> wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
> If you still have an application for your Re-e-Power motor, send me the pod and brushed controller. I'll donate a brushless dc motor and controller fit into your housing. Thunderstruck gets your controller for a high school donor. You'll need a prop, which Dave at Silent Running Systems can help you source. Your motor will be built to match your boat's spec's and the prop's dynamics.
>
> Accordingly, Re-e-power will not need to worry about a refund. I'm not a competitor with Re-e-Power, and I believe it is in the best interest of this fledgling US industry to advance our condition through cooperation and mutual support, rather than dog-eat-dog in the manner of business as usual. We are all facing some measure of impact during this economic slump, some more than others. I believe the years of experience in the engineering of the pod system makes it ultimately more attractive to boats without existing inboard drive systems.
>
> Be Well,
> Arby
>
>
>
> --- In electricboats@ yahoogroups. com, "skjenson@" <skjenson@> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/3/09 I sent RE-E-POWER.com $3,459 for EPod 2000 and later an additional $210.00. He promised to ship in 4 weeks. After numerous inquires about my unit and when it would ship, I sent Kevin an email the morning of 6/24/09 and asked for a refund. After all of his broken promises about shipping, I figured he would never ship me a unit. He shipped on 8/24/09 AFTER I requested a refund and AFTER I requested that he NOT ship. What arrived was unbelievable, the unit had a large scratch on the side, rust on the mounting post holes and WATER INSIDE the unit! It was missing the prop, two other parts and the instruction/ installation manual. Completely useless and USED.
> > I immediately shipped the partial used unit back and have been trying to get a refund through my credit card company and PayPal. I have requested a refund (any refund) from Kevin. He replied that he had $270 in his bank account. I asked for a partial refund and I said I would work with him on a payment plan. No response until today, when I gave him one last chance to act like a responsible businessman. He said "I fully intend to work something out with you" but I have received no money or payment plan.
> > I plan to continue to work to get my money back, and will use the court system if needed. I also expect RE-E-POWER to go out of business soon.
> > You can choose to do business with Kevin Plank and RE-E-POWER.com but you now do so with full knowledge of his business practices.
> > I inquired on this forum about RE-E-POWER.com and no one warned me, I feel an obligation to tell everyone the truth about RE-E-POWER.com.
> > Napa Scott
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment