Thursday, August 13, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Buyer Beware about RE-E-POWER.com

 

Arby:
Thanks very much for the offer, but I sent the unit back to Kevin the next day. I figured a used, incomplete ePod had very little value to me, and at least Kevin could potentially sell it. Also, I figured I had a better case with my credit card company and PayPal if I returned it. Fortunately I didn't drill two holes in my boat, mount what I had and then have to wait for Kevin to send me the rest of the parts.
Scott

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "arbybernt" <arbybernt@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
> If you still have an application for your Re-e-Power motor, send me the pod and brushed controller. I'll donate a brushless dc motor and controller fit into your housing. Thunderstruck gets your controller for a high school donor. You'll need a prop, which Dave at Silent Running Systems can help you source. Your motor will be built to match your boat's spec's and the prop's dynamics.
>
> Accordingly, Re-e-power will not need to worry about a refund. I'm not a competitor with Re-e-Power, and I believe it is in the best interest of this fledgling US industry to advance our condition through cooperation and mutual support, rather than dog-eat-dog in the manner of business as usual. We are all facing some measure of impact during this economic slump, some more than others. I believe the years of experience in the engineering of the pod system makes it ultimately more attractive to boats without existing inboard drive systems.
>
> Be Well,
> Arby
>
>
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "skjenson@" <skjenson@> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/3/09 I sent RE-E-POWER.com $3,459 for EPod 2000 and later an additional $210.00. He promised to ship in 4 weeks. After numerous inquires about my unit and when it would ship, I sent Kevin an email the morning of 6/24/09 and asked for a refund. After all of his broken promises about shipping, I figured he would never ship me a unit. He shipped on 8/24/09 AFTER I requested a refund and AFTER I requested that he NOT ship. What arrived was unbelievable, the unit had a large scratch on the side, rust on the mounting post holes and WATER INSIDE the unit! It was missing the prop, two other parts and the instruction/installation manual. Completely useless and USED.
> > I immediately shipped the partial used unit back and have been trying to get a refund through my credit card company and PayPal. I have requested a refund (any refund) from Kevin. He replied that he had $270 in his bank account. I asked for a partial refund and I said I would work with him on a payment plan. No response until today, when I gave him one last chance to act like a responsible businessman. He said "I fully intend to work something out with you" but I have received no money or payment plan.
> > I plan to continue to work to get my money back, and will use the court system if needed. I also expect RE-E-POWER to go out of business soon.
> > You can choose to do business with Kevin Plank and RE-E-POWER.com but you now do so with full knowledge of his business practices.
> > I inquired on this forum about RE-E-POWER.com and no one warned me, I feel an obligation to tell everyone the truth about RE-E-POWER.com.
> > Napa Scott
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Hollywood kids

in the spotlight

Their moms

share secrets

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment